MyCollegeAdvisor.Net is a leading educational provider. We assist students in preparing for college through academic tutoring in a wide range of subjects, independent college counseling, and summer programs that are both online and in-person. We are looking for experienced Math teachers or professional tutors to contract with us to provide instruction to our students.
This remote position is for a contract Math Tutor role at MyCollegeAdvisor.Net, LLC. The Math Tutor will be responsible for teaching middle and high school students virtually various math subjects. Salary starts at $50/hr with signing bonus to actively Certified Math Teachers.
- Strong knowledge and experience teaching mathematics in a school or college in subjects such as Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics
- Experienced teachers of math to middle and high school students.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including the ability to write written reports of tutoring sessions.
- Ability to create customized lesson plans and engage students in the learning process
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Math and experience preferred as a middle or high school teacher of Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus and Statistics. Active Certification will earn a signing bonus. College undergraduates will be considered if they have significant tutoring experience and a Math faculty member's recommendation.
- Experience in virtual or remote teaching is a plus. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate teaching a lesson using an online platform. Please be familiar and have an account with at least Zoom or Google Meet for this exercise.
- Experience in American standardized testing in Math for the SAT, ACT, and Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus AB/BC.
- Comfort with using computer software that is MAC and PC compatible.