The Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE) is the largest professional organization devoted to the improvement of mathematics teacher education—it includes over 1,000 members devoted to the preservice education and professional development of K-12 teachers of mathematics.
The mission of AMTE is to promote the improvement of mathematics teacher education, K-12.
Goals of AMTE
- Effective mathematics teacher education programs and practices;
- Communication and collaboration among those involved in mathematics teacher education;
- Research and other scholarly endeavors related to mathematics teacher education;
- Professional growth of mathematics teacher educators;
- Effective policies and practices related to mathematics teacher education at all levels; and
- Equitable practices in mathematics teacher education, including increasing the diversity of mathematics teachers and teacher educators.
Long Term Goals
Leadership & Governance
What We Do
In recent years, AMTE has produced annual reports summarizing the many activities of elected and appointed AMTE leadership, including committees and task forces.