Start preparing for the 25th Annual AMTE Conference that will be held virtually February 11-13 and February 18-20, 2021.
The AMTE Conference Committee is excited about the upcoming conference! Guidebook© is the conference app being used to access all conference activities. The regular sessions are planned and additional opportunities are being planned for meet-ups with the AMTE leadership, Community Circle groups, manuscript review groups, and vendors. These events will use Zoom© as the platform for presenting and meeting up. Make your plans now to attend the 2021 AMTE Annual Conference!
Some of the highlighted conference sessions include:
- Thursday, February 11th, Opening Session: 2020. Perfect Vision? Perfect Hindsight? Are we ready to Reimagine Mathematics Teacher Education? Presenters: Naomi Jessup (Georgia State University), Joel Amidon (University of Missouri), and Sandra Crespo (Michigan State University).
- Friday, February 12th, The Business Meeting will occur followed by happy hour.
- Saturday, February 13th, The first award for the Karen D. King Advocacy Award. Talk by Award Winner Dorothy White, University of Georgia.
- Thursday, February 18, the Judith E. Jacobs Lecture will be presented by Marta Civil, Professor of Mathematics, The University of Arizona.
- The AMTE poster session will be asynchronous using Flipgrid© as the platform so that presenters can engage with participants throughout the conference.
Conference registration is now available on the AMTE website. Registration fees vary by deadline date. The regular registration deadline is December 31, 2020.
Colleen M. Eddy, AMTE AVP for Conferences
University of North Texas